featured restaurant

POCO BRISTOL

pocobristol_2

“90% British, 10% EU, 100% Seasonal” – Bristol’s leading restaurant at the forefront of edible sustainability.

With a passionate focus on promoting sustainability, highlighting the importance of consciously sourced ingredients and a zero-waste ethos, Poco Bristol is one of the country’s leading eco-eateries.

Firmly establishing themselves after only 3 years of trading, our featured eco-chef Tom Hunt and fellow founders Jen Best and Ben Pryor’s vision from the start was simple – to deliver delicious food with a healthy side portion of ethics that sparked conscious eating within their diners.

Poco is the younger brother of Poco Loco, a festival cafe and a roaming restaurant called The Forgotten Feast which was featured in our 1st Issue. After moving into permanent bricks and mortar, the Poco team well and truly made their mark in the heart of Bristol’s buzzing Stoke’s Croft area, creating a bustling food hub within Bristol’s newly influential food scene.

pocobristol_1

Although making foodie fuss in terms of their innovative dishes and buzzing convivial atmosphere, Poco’s environmental footprint has remained minimal; with 90% of ingredients sourced from home turf and waters, and the other 10% ethically sourced from Europe. It is Poco’s zero-waste policy however that makes them a cut above the rest. Recycling or composting up to 95% of everything that passes through the kitchen. is typically less than 1kg per day

In an attempt to continually offer their diners great tasting, vibrant dishes, seasonality is the key to its extensive and varied tapas-style menu. Inspired by his worldwide travels, executive chef Tom draws on flavour combinations of Latin American cuisines, arriving at an Anglo-Latin-American fusion cooking style offering anything from a New York brunch to seasonal superfood salad.

Despite being encouraged by waiting staff to not over-order, dishes are created to fill and comfort the heart and soul, packed full of vibrant and fresh seasonal produce. And, despite a name that translates from Spanish to mean ‘small’ – reflective of their core passion for minimising environmental impact – Poco and its innovative culinary team are set to continue to make significant headway in the increasingly ethically-conscious food industry.

Words by Helen Upshall

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on TumblrEmail this to someone